don't stop you might miss a beat

don't stop you might miss a beat

About Me

My photo
Check out my work downtown North Augusta, in the Beveled Edge.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Palermo, Sicily


So, I'm not really how to explain or describe this beautiful and crazy place. But I shall try! I arrived here Monday May 16th at a little aiport, surrounded on one side with tall cliff like mountains, and ocean on the other. Maren and the children were waiting for me, with the tiniest little car, in which we stuffed my luggage and children all about in it! There are really no rules on the road here, everybody is honking constantly, and scooters are zipping in and out of traffic! It truly feels like maddness driving thru the city. The house is so beautiful and seperate from everything, the only way to get into it is a bridge! The food has all been ever so tasty! First night it was pasta by Simone, then pizza with eggplant, cappucinos, and tonight pizza with onions and mushrooms! Also I tried today my first Italian expresso... Uck! It is so bitter and taste like medicine, but maybe I will get used to it :) The kids are very sweet and speak English well already, and like to hold my hand, and sit in my lap while we are driving( I told you there were no rules on the road!) I can't wait to see this year unfold!

photo-my new room

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds fun...but you might want to re-blog the "speaks good English" to "speak English well"....the irony of the comment made me comment!!

Shannon said...

Ahh Thanks.. Who is this excatly?